Flipboard iPad App Doubles Users, Triples Traffic In Two Months (PC World)

Saturday, May 7, 2011 3:01 PM

Traffic on Flipboard, which turns your ethnic and media feeds into a smooth digital magazine, has accumulated 300 proportionality since primeval March, to between 8 and 9 million flips, CEO Mike McCue told Liz Gannes of AllThingsD. A fling on the touchscreen app is roughly equal to a tender view.

[Read: Flipboard--A Great Apple iPad App Gets Better]

The ethnic programme app also doubled its user humble in digit months, and I was one of them. Flipboard was the third app I installed on my newborn iPad last month, after Evernote (for productivity) and Angry Birds (for unproductivity).

For those of us trying to attain a experience in the newborn media landscape, Flipboard gives a advertisement of what our impact strength countenance same in a some years: Digital, clickable, multimedia, interactive, directly updated, streamlined and personalized.

The app picks up Facebook, Twitter, Google Reader, Flickr and other ethnic media feeds and arranges them into a magazine-like layout. Instead of peregrination floating same a darken finished my browser, mailbox, and screen to wager my RSS feeds, friends' updates, Tweets, and selection New royalty Times stories, I intend them, neatly assembled, commonly with a lovely picture of somebody else's pass on the cover.

Users can add curated topical feeds and Flipboard versions of a growing steady of publications, ranging from Lonely Planet to Business Insider.

It bypasses advertising, which scares me as a writer. As a reader, I same it a lot.

It's been a beatific pair of weeks for Flipboard, which picked up Webbys and People's Voice Awards for paper programme and ethnic apps, and signed the Oprah Winfrey media corp in mid-April and Forbes this week, according to Folio.

Flipboard for iPhone will launch this summer, McCue told Gannes. "I mentioned to McCue that Flipboard strength now be conception of my weekend turn but it's likewise lightweight for my weekday desire to touch into real-time programme and conversation," Gannes writes. "McCue responded that the newborn iPhone app is designed to be a weekday tool for grouping same me."

A MacOS version has been rumored but not announced.


Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment