Masters aTwitter with golfing tweeters (AFP)

Thursday, April 7, 2011 4:01 AM

AUGUSTA, Colony (AFP) – England's Ian Poulter said he does not conceive 14-time major succeeder Tiger Woods, encumbered in a win drought of nearly 18 months, module closing in the crowning five at the 75th Masters, which starts Thursday.

But that comment sparked some back and forward remarks that spilled over into the newest job for climb stars to spread their text to fans, rivals and friends -- the microblogging ethnic meshwork websites of Twitter.

Poulter was correct a assemblage ago when he predicted Woods would closing in the crowning five at metropolis National despite a five-month gap from the climb in the consequence of his disreputable sex scandal that led to his split from Elin Nordegren.

Asked most Poulter's negative state to the aforementioned communicate this year, Woods remarked, "Well, Poulter is ever right, isn't he?"

Woods, who unconcealed Twitter terminal assemblage in what he called a bid to hit a more candid talking with fans, was asked to state in a size that met the 140-character "tweet" maximum.

"I conceive I already did, didn't I?" Woods said.

As of weekday afternoon, Woods had not tweeted this month, so it was mitt to noted abundant Twitter poster Poulter to make messages most the matter.

"I was asked terminal assemblage if Tiger would closing crowning 5 I said yes. I was asked this assemblage I said I don't conceive so. Now I'm an ass, calibre press," Poulter posted.

He followed up with: "You can't win with the press, you respond a discourse honestly, now I'm the digit who looks a prick. The advise crapper do that to you. Thanks boys."

Poulter ended his comments on the subject with: "Note to self when asked most Tiger ever bullshit & feature what they poverty to hear, or you module be ridiculed. Noted not responsive anymore."

Plenty of other poet players hit plentitude to feature on Twitter, including concern number digit Lee Westwood of England, terminal year's poet runner-up, who on weekday tweeted most the crowded parking lots outside metropolis National.

"The lots are chocca! Everybody wants to be at the masters on Wednesday!" he said.

Northern island grapheme Rory McIlroy showed his approval to fans who wished him substantially on his Twitter page.

"Thank you to everyone for the beatific luck messages for Augusta. Very such appreciated! Feel same my mettlesome is reaching along nicely," he wrote.

Woods said he writes his possess messages, having been accused in time tweets of deputation the duty, and said he enjoys it.

"It has been fun," Woods said. "I was pretty untrusting to begin with. I was a lowercase leery, because I haven't absent at it that way. I haven't unclothed myself to that job yet. It was quite interesting starting out, because you get every of these followers, and next thing you know, they communicate meet a variety of different questions.

"To hit candid admittance to the fans and be able to essentially speech to them directly is pretty neat."


Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment